Oh, I am hugely pregnant with Kenneth in this photo, so I pretty much look like a marshmallow, but whatever...
This was at Ramstein AB, Germany in early 2006. Lisa, Brandi, and I were pretty much the Three Amigos. Lisa and I were neighbors, (she lived upstairs from me) and Brandi lived in town. All of our kids were buddies too and attended the same Montessori preschool.
Good times! Love you guys! Hey Lisa, want to come to Cali and play BUNKO?
Air Force Wife's Prayer
(Alexandra Benakis)
An Air Force wife has so much to bear,
She's everything at once, no one could compare,
When God made her, he had perfection in mind,
For nowhere on Earth is another of her kind,
She leads a life not many would choose,
For her job is the hardest in the military to do,
She is courageous and strong, one would say made of steel,
But way deep down is a heart that can feel,
She stands by her husband, so proud and so tall,
And waits many nights by the phone for a call,
She's Mommy and Daddy all rolled into one,
She'll never rest easy until her job's done,
She sits all alone and in silence she cries,
Did I do a good job, is my family all right?
But deep in her heart she knows that it's true,
God is right beside her helping her through.