Sunday, March 15, 2009

In about 6 weeks...

Kelly will be on his way home. Amazing to me that he has been in the Sandbox 10.5 months now.

Very much looking forward to his homecoming, and spending many, many more happy years together.

This year will be our 17th year together, it all began for us in August 1992. We actually met for the 1st time December 1991 (my friend Kathy drug him to one of my band concerts, I think he was kind of "meh" about going but didn't have any other plans so he went along with it) but I didn't see him again until I started college the next year.

What is really interesting is that our paths had crossed many years before we met. We discoved a few years back that we both had group pictures from the Clovis Band Festival from 1987. I was a 7th grader at Computech and he was an 8th grader at Kastner. It's so weird to think that my future husband and father of my kids was present that day and I had no idea.

My best friend from high school/college, Kathy, (the same one who introduced us at the band concert in 1991) discovered that she and Kelly used to be neighbors and they played together when they were 3 yrs old.

My other BFF from high school, Brooke, was dating my good friend Andy who went to Clovis West with Kelly and knew him. Kelly recalls that he saw Andy and Brooke at a movie theater one night, I'm pretty sure another friend of mine and I were supposed to be going as well but we didn't for some reason. So I probably would have met Kelly at that point if I would have gone!

It was meant to be, what can I say?