Sunday, March 1, 2009

10 months of deployment behind us - just come home already!

Well 10 months later here we are. Every one is alive and well. Ready for Kelly's extended vacation to the desert to be over, over, over.

We are actually starting to make travel arrangements for our trip out to TX, bought a plane ticket for him to outprocess Tyndall AFB, planning on taking the kids to the Grand Canyon and Sea World San Antonio en route to San Angelo. So it is really cool to be able to start making plans again, ya know, together and stuff.

It's weird, this end stretch of all this is harder emotionally than it was in the beginning for me. I am getting anxious and antsy about his homecoming. I just want him to be a part of our daily lives again so much. I have been passing the time by watching lots of Reno 911 after the kids are in bed and partaking in my current addiction, McDonald's Sugar Free Vanilla Iced Coffee. Well, it beats eating bags of cookies and fast food, which is the way I used to deal with this stuff.

Also, seriously the kids are totally keeping me going here. Military wives without kids will often comment that they don't know how they would handle a deployment with kids. I say I don't know how wives would handle one WITHOUT kids. Kelly deployed to Italy for 3.5 months before we had kids, I was working full time and working on my Master's in the evening and weekends, and when I came home I was so miserable. I would just go sit by our pool when I got home and cry. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have these 2 amazing kids in my life. I don't know how Kelly manages over there by himself. Oh geez here comes the tears, so I'm gonna wrap this up.