Well, Julia came down with the creepy crud on Sunday night. She was sick a few times and then she was just dandy, that girl has one incredible immune system. The whole thing was over in an hour. No, we didn't make her swim in raw sewage to strengthen her immune system, a la George Carlin!
Sadly, Kenneth came down with it today and it has been much, much worse for him. We seem to be over the worst of it, he has been sleeping for 3 hrs so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I should be in bed, but I am afraid of waking him up!
Kelly always likes to point out the irony that Julia was our formula fed child, and she gets sick less frequently and less severely than Kenneth, our breastfed baby. I just want to say "shaaaadap!" when he points this out.
Anyway, we had a very rough start to our day (Kenneth started throwing up at 5 am, lovely way to be woken up I'll tell ya) but the day really improved when we got a webcall from Kelly. I didn't even have the chance to shower, so here I am with vomit all over my shirt and probably in my hair, which I hadn't even brushed yet. Yeah, just how you want your spouse who has been gone over 2 months to see you. Anywho, the kids were enjoying talking to daddy, and then...
Kenneth starts throwing up again while we were on the webcam. Panic was my first response, but it was actually turned out very, very cool. Kelly was able to help comfort Kenneth along with me, and it really felt like we were a family for those moments. Not the artificial, "oh he's calling, let's pretty everyone up and smile big for daddy!" types of calls. It really felt GOOD to have my partner there to help soothe our sick little boy. It felt GOOD to have my family back, even just for a few moments, to feel like he never left.