Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kids are growing up so fast

I sent the below email to Kelly to help him feel in touch with what is going on with the kids. Since I actually wrote this all out, I wanted to have it more "permanent" so I am putting on here, because it marks changes in the kids and I want to remember.


Hmmm, now that Julia's tooth is loose I have been thinking a lot about how the kids are growing up. Not in a bad way or sad way, just thinking about how they grow and change. Since you have been away 2 1/2 months now, I was thinking about changes they have made since you left and thought I would fill you in. Obviously that is also the purpose of the Blog but you don't get to see that very often. I'm not talking HUGE changes, just little everyday things I want to share with you. So, here goes.

JULIA: New "likes" Hannah Montana (thanks to cousin Melissa) the live actor Thomas movie, the Underdog movie. Will only eat honey nut cherrios (she would eat the apple cinnamon ones too a few months ago, but she is now "exclusive".) Likes peanut butter toast with HONEY. Decided she likes her quesadillas cold - cold tortilla with cold shredded cheese, then wrapped up. She will only drink the 2% milk from the Fresno State dairy. Putting her big feet on her brother and annoying him.
Dislikes: Pretty much the same, can't think of any new ones. She still hates wearing pants more than anything. Grape juice is a new one I guess.

KENNETH: New "likes" Obsessed with the movie "Cars" Likes to go driving in the country to see all the farm equipment tractors, etc. Grapes are his favorite fruit, corn his favorite veg. Also likes cold tortillas now. Likes to eat things out of the bag, ie he wants cherrios in a ziploc bag, not a bowl, french fries in the original fast food bag. He doesn't like it when you take his food out of the bag. He can also do the "bootie dance" He is very attached to his pillow, won't let anyone else touch it/lay on it. Same with the blanket.

Dislikes: When you take his shoes off before he is ready. When he can see his shoes in the car but he doesn't have them on. Hates getting dressed/undressed (not so new, but now causing tantrums) Sister putting her big feet on him. Well, I need to run, I will think of more as they come up

Love US