Well, I've been working really hard over the last 4 months to lose the 20 pounds I packed on Jan-April of this year, leading up to my deployment, and to get back to shape I was in when 21 years old.
Many of you probably didn't even realize how overweight I was when I was back in Fresno in April, because I hide it very well. I was 215 pounds with a 35" waist at that time, and I'm happy to say as of today I'm back down to 180 pounds with a 31" waist, and only 8% body fat.
It's pretty easy to lose weight here, I don't have any food in my room, so I have to go to chow hall to eat - cuts out all snacking. I also cut out all deserts, candy and fried foods and exercise at least 5 times a week. I actually lost the first 30 pounds the first 3 months here, but gained 5 pounds back over the 10 days I was back in the states in August (completely blew my diet & exercise plan but had so much fun with Denise and the kids I didn't care).
At any rate, attached a pic of what I looked like as of a few of days ago. I rewarded myself with desert tonight, a paradise cookie bar with with some cookies and cream ice cream. I did 50 minutes on the elliptical trainer on level 19 today, followed that up with 20 minutes of swimming laps and a 1 mile walk, so I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow at my weigh in.
Hope everyone is doing well, miss you all.
Kelly