.jpg)
Hello all from the sunny desert! I recently got a chance to get off base and go see the town. Here are the "Old Souqs" or old markets. Really amazing, hundreds and hundreds of little shops selling everything from clothes, bread, groceries, toys, to tourist items.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Here is the amazing skyline from the beach at the hotel. All this was built in like the last 10 years....
Its amazing what billions of dollars of oil money will do for a little country, five story mall with ice rink in the middle of the desert anyone? .jpg)
.jpg)
I went shopping for some real Persian Rugs. Can't buy these in the states, so it is a real opportunity. These are hand made, and are just stunning. The more silk versus wool thread means the more detailed and light sensitive, and also much more expensive. Even at the huge discount we can get because we knew the guy, they will still cost over $5,000 for the high quality 100% silk in 6x9'. But, they last forever and you pass them onto your children. Just couldn't see walking on something that costs that much...
.jpg)
.jpg)
I went shopping for some real Persian Rugs. Can't buy these in the states, so it is a real opportunity. These are hand made, and are just stunning. The more silk versus wool thread means the more detailed and light sensitive, and also much more expensive. Even at the huge discount we can get because we knew the guy, they will still cost over $5,000 for the high quality 100% silk in 6x9'. But, they last forever and you pass them onto your children. Just couldn't see walking on something that costs that much...Well, hope everyone there is doing well, I'm officially halfway done now if I subtract my 2 weeks of R&R time around Christmas from my 365 days. Can't wait to see Denise, the kids and all of you.
Love,
Kelly